The Church of the Holy Annunciation in East Melbourne is the oldest Orthodox Church in Victoria, completed in 1901. Following a devastating fire the combined celebration will be both an opening of the restated church and a celebration of the famous rallying cry that was the raising of the banner by Patriarch Germanos at Agia Lavra.
The event will feature a broadcast of the service from the church out onto the main stage screen. It will then be followed up by VIP speeches and a re-enactment of the raising of the revolutionary banner then followed by musical performances and traditional dance performance.
For more information: